This page includes links to recently published scholarship from across various subfields of political science and other areas of social scientific inquiry, as well as Working Papers, essays, symposia, and other resources.
Interpretive Political Science – Readings by Subfield, Peregrine Schwartz-Shea and Dvora Yanow (rev. 2015)
Interpretive Research in American Government, Rich Holtzman (rev. 9/2013).
Bibliography: Interpretive Approaches in Public Policy and Public Administration, Dvora Yanow and Peregrine Schwartz-Shea. From the NSF Workshop on Interpretive Methodologies in Political Science, 1-2 September 2009.
“Symposium: Teaching Interpretive Methods” Qualitative & Multi-Method Research. Vol. 7, No. 1 (Spring 2009).
Dvora Yanow, “Interpretive Empirical Political Science: What Makes This Not a Subfield of Qualitative Methods.” Qualitative Methods Newsletter 1 (2) (Fall 2003): 9-13.
6. Timothy Pachirat, Among Wolves: Ethnography and the Immersive Study of Power (2018)
5. Lee Ann Fujii, Interviewing in Social Science Research: A Relational Approach (2018)
4. Frederic Charles Schaffer, Elucidating Social Science Concepts (2016)
3. Shaul Shenhav, Analyzing Social Narratives (2015)
2. Cecelia Lynch, Interpreting International Politics (2014)
1. Peregrine Schwartz-Shea and Dvora Yanow, Interpretive Research Design (2012)
Fred Schaffer, “Thin Descriptions: The Limits of Survey Research on the Meaning of Democracy” Political Concepts Committee on Concepts and Methods Working Paper Series. No. 45 (November 2010). Published in Polity 46:3 (2014): 303-330.
Lee Ann Fujii (2017), “The Prehistory of the Muslim Ban” Public Books
Lee Ann Fujii (2017), “The Real Problem with Diversity in Political Science” Duck of Minerva
Nick Cheesman (2018), “Rule-of-Law Ethnography.” Annual Review of Law and Social Science 14: 167-84.